Above: Marian Gracia Rivera
1. Marian Gracia Rivera, is now famously regarded as Marian Rivera. Marian was born on August 12, 1984 in Madrid, Spain. She is now the most sought-after Filipina actress and commercial model. Her very first initial TV role character started in 2005. This was through a TAPE Inc.’s afternoon drama show “Kung Mamahalin Mo Lang Ako”. Nevertheless, Marian’s breakthrough performance came when she was given the title role of the in Philippine adaptation of the popular Mexican telenovela “MariMar”. The 38th Box-Office Entertainment Awards presented her with the title “Phenomenal TV Star”. This was indeed a great honor for Marian.
Above: Maria Katrina Irene Halili
2. Maria Katrina Irene Halili was born on January 4, 1986 in Quezon City, Philippines. Katrina is a “Kapuso” talent and an alumna of the “StarStruck” talent search. She has always been a favorite cover girl of the “FHM Philippines” magazine and was the only actress that got the title of being the Sexiest Women in the Philippines three times (3x) in a row in the magazine’s list of 100 Sexiest. Katrina is half-Chinese, a statement that she has made in several occasions during her interviews. She is visible in a number of shows in the GMA Network, mostly in antagonist roles; it is only in “Atlantika” that she was portrayed as a protagonists. Even though she was born in Quezon City, Katrina’s childhood was spent in Palawan. This is where she partook in a province-wide beauty contest. She was representing the city of El Nido. Katrina was the lone “Starstruck” finalist who didn’t have to try out at the audition studio. An interview with her was conducted in a café and during the duration of the talent search, she garnered the 14th slot as one of the Final Survivors
Above: Angel Locsin
3. Angel Locsin is a Filipina actress who gained fame in both television and film. This lady had her first break with GMA Network’s youth-oriented program know as “Click”. Angel’s rise to class A-celebrity status began when she got one of the leading roles in the fantasy-themed television series “Mulawin” way back in 2004. After that, she began to star as the well-loved superhero “Darna”. This TV show was an adaptation of the very famous comic hit story of Mars Ravelo. Angel also began to top-billed in a number of blockbuster movies and films. She is best known as the love screen interest of Dennis Trillo and Richard Gutierrez.
Above: Maria Isadora Ussher Calzado
4. Maria Isadora Ussher Calzado, more commonly known as Iza Calzado acquired major notice in showbiz way back in May 2002. Her major breaks in Philippine show business arena comprises of her team-up with Argentine actor Segundo Cernadas in GMA Channel 7 Network’s “Te Amo, Maging Sino Ka Man” as well as portraying the role of “Amihan” in “Encantadia”. Even though Iza deems that depicting the character of “Mary Grace” in Star Cinema’s “Milan” as the key vocal point in the rise of her career.
Above: Anne Curtis
5. Anne Curtis’ complete name is Anne Ojales Curtis Smith. She was born on February 17, 1985 in Australia. Anne is a Filipino-Australian who got her start as a commercial model. This former “Kapuso” talent decided to shift stations and move to the “Kapamilya” channel for career growth. She is prominently famous for her character as “Stephanie Borromeo” in “Hiram”. Anne was able to clinch the title role of “Imang / Fatima”, in the TV series “Kampanerang Kuba”. These shows both aired in the network station of ABS-CBN “Kapamilya”. Anne also has a soap opera in the same station, entitled: “Maging Sino Ka Man”.
Above: Jennylyn Mercado
6. Jennylyn Mercado was born on May 15, 1987. She is deemed as the “Ultimate Female Survivor” in GMA 7’s first reality series – the “Starstruck” talent search. After her victory in “Starstruck”, Jennylyn was taken in as one of GMA’s hottest and most sought after contract stars. In the TV drama series ‘Magpakailanman”, Jennylyn’s life story was portrayed. This episode was done in October 14, 2004 episode. This became an eventful day in Jennylyn’s career – her fans and the viewers were able to catch a glimpse of her tragic childhood story that endeared her to many.
Above: Maria Kristina Cassandra
7. Maria Kristina Cassandra or better known as KC to most of us, is as outspoken and as candid as you could imagine her to be. At the opening of KC’s first ever TV ad, MIRROR Weekly questioned her as to what particular characteristics did she inherit from her famous parents as well as the lessons that she has learned from life and from her mom and dad. KC immediately stated that she got her mother’s innate sociability and openness. She concurs that is why people just falls in-love with her completely and so effortlessly. With regards to her father, KC wanted to clarify which one. KC has a biological father but had affirmed that she does not really identify with him nor does she share a close bond with him making it hard for her to answer the question.
Above: Bea Alonzo
8. Bea Alonzo’s real name is Phylbert Angellie Ranollo Fagestrom. She was born on Oct. 17, 1987.All her life, all she ever wanted was to be a part of show business. Bea was able to direct her life well and do good for herself; despite the fact that she had grown up without a father figure ever since the time that she turned four. She started joining beauty pageants at a relatively young age. She found herself to be fairly triumphant in this area. It happened in a small municipality that Bea was discovered at a beauty contest by the renowned Filipino fashion designer, Oscar Peralta. It was he who introduced her to Archie Ilagan – a talent manager. Ilagan then presented Bea to Johnny Manahan who was the head of the ABS-CBN Talent Center. Manahan made sure that Bea would be a part of the “Star Circle Batch 10”. It was in this group that she was able to learn a great deal of acting which later on assisted in her landing a role in a youth-oriented drama and comedy show known as “K2BU”.
Above: Maria Olivia S. Daytia
9. Maria Olivia S. Daytia was born on October 20, 1981 in Cebu City, Philippines and is more popularly known by her screen name Isabel Oli to the public. Isabel is the baby of seven ( 7 ) children. She is of Chinese and Spanish-Filipino descent. She was able to finish her studies in the University of San Jose – Recoletos in Cebu majoring in Information Technology. Isabel was able to catch the attention of audiences with her character “Isabel” in the very famous “Max Resturant” commercial that included the award-winning actor Piolo Pascual. It was her role in “Sugo” with Richard Gutierrez that instigated her to full stardom. Isabel presently graces covers of the most read magazines and she can be seen in a lot of print ads and billboards and is frequently visible in a lot of GMA shows.
Above: Shaina Magdayao
10. Shaina Magdayao was born on November 6, 1989 and is the youngest daughter of Enrique and Deanne Magdayao. Shaina has three older siblings; Shiela, Sharon and Sheryl. She has a sister who happens to be a famous singer-actress – Vina Morales (Sharon). Shaina’s admission into the showbiz spot light started after she was cast, at the tender age of six in the drama series “Lyra”. She got to play the leading role. She was able to catch the eye of someone at ABS-CBN and soon became a part of the “Star Magic Family” by the time she became seven years old. She then became a part of the cast of the recently revamped “AngTV” show now known as “Kaybol”. Following that, she was the mixed with two other talented child actresses during that time – Camille Prats and Serena Dalrymple. All three ( 3 ) starred in the ABS-CBN afternoon tele-drama series “Marinella”. Shaina got to play the role of “Rina”.
Above: Raelene Elaine Ebaler Villania
11. Raelene Elaine Ebaler Villania who grew up in Australia was born on June 29, 1986. She is more famously known as Iya Villania. Iya is a successful TV host, a sough-after VJ and a visible print and commercial model. Even though she is mostly accredited as an actress, Iya is generally branded amongst one of Philippine TV’s most noticeable and famous faces and personalities – having been a apart of hosting stints in high-rated shows in Philippine TV. Some of the shows that she participated in are: “ASAP”, “U Can Dance” and the one that catapulted her to the masses – “Wowowee”, a variety show which she co-hosted on ABS-CBN from February 2005 to June 2006. Iya is also a favorite host of young music lovers as she VJ’s for “Myx”, the number one music video channel in the Philippines.
Above: Rica Peralejo
12. Rica Peralejo was born on March 7, 1980 and started her career in show business as a young child actress in ABS-CBN’s youth-oriented-variety show “Ang TV”. Rica shortly took a plunge on teen-oriented shows like GMA’s “T.G.I.S.” as well as ABS CBN’s “Gimik”. As she began to mature into being a young adult, she began to expand her popularity by occasionally changing to diverse movie genres. Rica found herself immersed in comedy movies such as “Banyo Queen” along with the famous rapper Andrew E. She also tried action films like “Ex-Con (movie)”. Rica then pursued roles in “sexy” films with the likes of “Balahibong Pusa”. Being a versatile actress, she also became famous for her portrayal in horror films which included “Malikmata’. Movies similar to these gave Rica the title: “Horror Queen” and “Scream Queen” by the Philippine media. One of her best performances was her latest horror movie entitled: “Matakot Ka Sa Karma” which became a part of the 2006 Metro Manila Film Festival.
Above: Nikki Gil
13. When Nikki Gil came into view for the very first time in a Coca-Cola commercial, countless viewers were instantly besotted by her sugary sweet singing voice and her very pleasant disposition. This particular commercial was influential to her entry into the showbiz arena. The jingle of the said commercial, on the other hand, turned out to be a national anthem of sorts. Nikki’s happy persona lighten-ups the television tube. She is a part of major TV shows in ABS CBN such as “ASAP ‘06”, “Breakfast Surprise”, and “MYX”. Nikki also had the opportunity to host a popular daily reality show known as the “Pinoy Dream Academy”. Her voice continually occupies the airwaves as songs from her self-titled album, such as “Sakayan ng Jeep” and “Glowing Inside,” turned out to be branded as an easy listening type of tune was being requested by a lot of young people over the radio. The height of Nikki’s career reached its peak when she, along with Singapore’s Alicia Pan and Malaysia’s Vince Chong, sang “Breaking Free”. This song can be found in one of the popular sound tracks in the Disney Channel’s original movie High School Musical.
Above: Kristine Hermosa Orille
14. Kristine Hermosa Orille was born on September 9, 1983 in Quezon City, Philippines. She is a well-known ABS-CBN talent identified with the “Kapamilya” station. Tin’s mother is of Spanish descent and her father is Filipino. This is what gave her, her distinct “mestiza” features. Tin has an older sister by the name of Kathleen who was originally the one who really wanted to get into showbiz. Kathleen use to drag Tin to auditions in ABS_CBN but unsuccessful impressed the panel in the said network. This was during her first screening. It was the unenthusiastic younger sister, Kristine who caught the eye of the judges. Tin was asked to audition simply because of her striking looks and height. Many had thought her to just be another pretty-faced teen actress, but to the surprise of her many detractors, Kristine was able to ascent to fame with the help of the very popular TV series: “Pangako Sa’Yo”. This is the show that catapulted her to stardom. This was also the start of her famous love team with her on-set TV partner Jericho Rosales who later turned out to be her real-life partner and boyfriend.
Above: Toni Gonzaga
15. Toni Gonzaga was born in January 21, 1984 and got the attention of the showbiz insiders through her softdrink commercial playing the role of a big Piolo Pascual fan. She was only seventeen (17) years of age then. Toni remembers that period when she was quoted saying that she was very enthusiastic to do the commercial because it was her very first lead role and to make it all the more exciting, Philippines’ heartthrob – Piolo Pascual was going to be in it.
Above: Rhian Denise Ramos Howell
16. Rhian Denise Ramos Howell or Rhian Ramos began her career in modeling at the age of sixteen (16). After her modeling stint, she quickly made a switch to the showbiz circuit. Rhian had gone aboard the cast of “Captain Barbell” and had gotten one of the lead roles. The show itself is a fantasy-action-drama series that was well accepted by the viewers. She had gotten the attention of film producer Annette Gozon when she was in a TV commercial for “McDonalds’ McJelly Trio”. Rhian was then invited to be a part of the GMA Artist Center by Ida Henares. She was then reeled in as one of the network’s most recent talents. Luckily enough, persuading her to jump on the showbiz bandwagon was swift because she was Ms. Henares’ niece!
Above: Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu
17. Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu or Kim Chiu was born on April 19, 1990. Kim was born in Xiamen, China and went to Cebu City, Philippines when she was only three ( 3 ) years old. The actress that became the first “Teen Big Winner” of “Pinoy Big Brother” is of Chinese descent. She was able to best out the other forty-three (43) housemates back in June 2006. This was the “Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition”. Her fame soared with the help of the TV audience. Kim’s interest in showbiz piloted her to several acting works along with her colleague Gerald Anderson, another fellow Pinoy Big Brother Teen housemate. They ultimately became an item and were built up as a “loveteam” for acting projects, TV shows and movies.
Above: Heart Evangelista
18. Heart Evangelista was born on February 14, 1985. Possibily, one of the best known young celebrities in the country, Heart was initially discovered by a commercial agent. This transpired while Heart was shopping at the mall with her sister Camille. She was immediately signed with “Star Magic” (previously identified as Talent Center). She was then partnered with John Prats in the now defunct TV show “G-Mik”. Her love-team with John Prats garnered incredible recognition from the young viewers. They began starring in numerous films and movies as a pair. Some of these movies are: “Trip”, “Ang Tanging Ina” and “My First Romance”. Moreover, Heart and John had a hit show with the teenagers called “Berks”. Right after this show, the couple’s real and reel romantic tandem fizzled.
Above: Cynthia Christina Kurleto
19. Cynthia Christina Kurleto was born on April 21, 1981 in Vienna, Austria. More famously recognized as Cindy Kurleto, she stands 5′7″ in height and is a model, actress, and an MTV VJ. Cindy’s Eurasian features are an asset and this is because she is born to an Austrian father and Filipina mother – a beautiful mixture of genes. Cindy is popularly identified as being a successful commercial model and was, in one time, the number one FHM sexiest woman in Philippines. Cindy also had the chance to portray the character of “Cassiopea” in the hit show “Encantadia” as well as its prequel /sequel “Etheria”.
Above: Claudine Barretto
20. Claudine Barretto was born on July 20, 1979 in Manila, Philippines. She is an award-winning TV and film actress and is popularly identified as the “Telesereye Queen” of ABS-CBN. Claudine dominated the television and movie screen by means of having high-rated “teleseryes” and box-office hits with the movies she had made. She is undeniably one of the best, if not the best actress of her generation. Claudine has established her acting ability in commercial and critical terms. As a movie actress and a box-office star, Claudine’s films such as “Anak”, “Milan” and “Sukob” are amongst the premier top-grossing Filipino movies of all time. She is considered as one of the women christen with the title: “Movie Queens of Philippine Cinema in the 90’s” up until this very day. Claudine has emerged in over thirty (30) films and has been triumphant in this area – as she has garnered several awards to stake this claim. Claudine is said to follow the footsteps of her idol Vilma Santos.
Above: Bianca Charlotte King
21. Bianca Charlotte King was born on March 18, 1986 in Germany. Bianca has been acting in television since April of 2004. The TV series that allowed her to showcase her prowess in the acting arena happened when she was cast as “Aviona” in “Mulawin” (2004-2005). Bianca is the daughter of Suzie King who just happens to be a very good friend of Joel Almagro. She has also been listed as one of the sexiest women in the world – as stated by the number one male-oriented magazine, FHM.
Above: Nadine Samonte
22. Nadine Samonte was born Nadine Burgos Eidloth in Rosenheim, Bavaria on March 2, 1988. She is a German-Filipina “Kapuso” talent discovery and is now one of their favorite actresses. Nadine is an avenger that originated from the first season of the “StarStruck” talent search. She was able to stay within the Final ( 6 ) Six along with with Dion Ignacio, Yasmien Kurdi, Rainier Castillo, Mark Herras and Jennylyn Mercado. It was Nadine and Dion who were amongst the final challengers to be taken out and was the last avengers for that season of “Starstruck”.
Above: Sarah Asher Geronimo
23. Sarah Asher Geronimo, or just simply Sarah Geronimo is one of the hottest stars in the Philippines to date. She just happens to be the winner of the Philippine reality series know as “Star for a Night”. She is recognized and identified as the Pop Star Princess of the Philippines. At the tender age of fourteen, she was able to release her debut album “Popstar: A Dream Come True” which gave her awards. Her debut album garnered a sixtuple (6x) platinum award. She was able to sell over 180,000 copies. Other than singing, she has begun doing supporting roles for films such as “Filipinas“, “Captain Barbell” and “Annie B”. Sarah has also starred in her very own television soap opera entitled “Sarah, The Teen Princess” and “Bituing Walang Ningning“. In addition to that, this lady has gotten endorsement deals for major companies and businesses with likes of Jollibee, Charmee and Talk And Text for Smart Telecommunications.
Above: Maria Lourdes Egger de la Cruz
24. Maria Lourdes Egger de la Cruz, is more popularly recognized by her screen name Angelika de la Cruz; she was born on October 29, 1981. Angelika is an Austrian-Filipina actress and singer who materialized in several TV shows and films. Her projects where frequently with ABS CBN channel 2. Angelika has also recorded some albums that showcased her talent in singing. Many believe that her career was at its peak when she had gotten the part in the “teleserye” with Judy Ann Santos in “Esperanza” under ABS CBN. Angelika then made a move to join to GMA 7 when she was offered her own starring role in: “Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin”. After that stint, she went back to ABS CBN for a couple of supporting roles in the telenobelas such as: “Ikaw Ang Lahat Sa Akin” and “Bituing Walang Ningning”.
Above: Precious Lara Quigaman
25. Precious Lara Quigaman was born on January 3, 1983 and got her start as a model and self-employed webpage writer. The spotlight shone brightly on her when she won the prestigious title: “2005 Miss International”. This was a beauty pageant that transpired in Tokyo, Japan. Precious is the fourth (4th) Filipina to have gotten the crown in the “International” beauty contest category, right after Gemma Cruz back in1964, Aurora Pijuan in 1970, and Melanie Marquez in 1979. In addition to that, Precious was the title holder of “Binibining Pilipinas-International” for 2005.